Friday, March 18, 2011

Darkness!

Like every other day I woke up at 5:00 AM in the morning started the day with a 45 mins walk, bought milk from Nandhini milk van, walked back home and was welcomed by my wife at the door, she took the milk packet to the kitchen and started making the morning tea.

I sat down on the cane chair that is always resting at the portico. My senses soon awakened to the smell of hot tea, as I sat down to read the previous days paper sipping my favorite tea, I was taken back to what I call the simple heaven of life.
The reading started with my favorite section the obituary and then moved to current affairs when I started twitching my eyes, Soon my vision started getting blurred, I started twitching my eyes again and very soon darkness surrounded me.

I was only fortunate to see my dear wife's face that morning, I longed to see my sons but that was not to be. The following days of my life were the most difficult ones.
I was subject to many doctors visits with my son leading me from one hospital to another before we finally decided to get admitted at Narayana Hridayalaya for a surgery.

Doctors were getting ready to split open my skull to remove a tumor that put me into darkness. My vitals were checked and was confirmed to be living with a heart that cannot support the demanding surgery. So I was put through a painful exercise of Angeogram and then Angeoplasty before being subject to the removal of my tumor.

I survived the dreadful surgery that eventually made me fully dependent on my son and wife. The frequent trips to the toilets were the most dreadful ones as I had to be accompanied and helped by my son or wife.
I think I troubled them a lot but luckily for them the trouble did not last for long for I did not survive for longer than 18 months after the surgery.

My first son was married within this period and I am one of those unfortunate fathers who witnessed a marriage but without having the privilege of seeing anything.

As I prepared to part this world I wished I could see my wife, sons and my daughter-in-law once.


Darkness that prevailed for long 2 years before he was taken into eternal brightness.. or may be darkness as I don't know where Dad is now. I wish he is in the heaven watching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment