Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Away!

I was skeptical to start this journey but you held my hand and gave me the confidence to move on.
You lifted me when my legs ached walking bare footed on the difficult terrain.
You wiped my tears when the thorns painted my foot red.
You sang to me when my mind ached.
Your kiss gave me the warmth to live through the cold nights and your long dark hair covered my body from the rain.

Oh dear!, how confident I was to make it to the destination with you by my side.

I woke up one fine morning to find the sun smiling at me, I looked all around for you but there was no trace of you. I ran frantically in all directions shouting for you but all I could hear was my own echo.

Was I dreaming all this while? Were you just a dream? or is this a dream?

The sun smiling as tears trickled down my cheek. I waited in hope of finding you again, I searched all around in hope of catching a glimpse of you again, oh! I wished I could see you once again.

A heart filled with sorrow I continued my journey all alone. I walked many miles all alone and I know there are many more to go before I collapse. I may find a new companion to accompany me for the rest of my journey but I will always remember you for taking me halfway and leaving me all alone!


Why did you go away?

2 comments: