Sunday, April 6, 2014

VOICES IN MY HEAD

This one is from my wife Sulu!



How did we get here? When did I start living like this? Answers and questions race across the vast expanse of my brain. But how can something that comes so easily to mind, be so hard to put on paper.

More questions. So, back to me. How in the world did I end up here? At this stage and this state? Where, my life is being measured by working days ans and weekends and I've started ageing in weeks and not in years.

It's no sooner Sunday, than I start to think about the next Sunday; dreading the week before that glorious weekend, fore-seeing the workload.

When did I start living by minutes and not moments? When did April Fool's and Valentine's Day start to merge into normal calender days? When did hours translate into how many laundry I got done or how many whistles the cooker blew? Surprising, isn't it? How very complex connections the mind can make, when you are an 'Adult'.

How about the people around you? It just boggles me how, those people, you built mud castles with or shared a stolen chocolate off the kitchen-counter with, become so involved in their own world, that you become a very conscious choice of ignorance. And here you are waiting for them to call, sign of remembrance somewhere. But in the end, for all you know you may be that 'someone' to somebody else.

If I had the keys to Life's pantry, I would just go straight ahead and add a little zest of adventure, you know a little kick.

I feel a need to achieve more, much more than now, than today. Don't get me misunderstood. I've always been blessed with a great family. Parents, siblings, little kids who bestowed upon me the title of 'Aunt' and my most prized treasure, my better-half. I do not know where I would have been if not for the most important being in my life. But I guess it's a disappointment with myself. that makes me well-aware of these 'un-zested' moments in life.

As all chef's know, you've got to let that curry boil,before it reaches it's apex of flavour. Well. I guess I'm still boiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment