Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The End Is Never The Reflection Of The Beginning

Yet another one from Sulu.

One of the most calming things I love to do, is to just sit in the back-seat of a car with the windows down, with someone driving around late at night. It just connects me to the universe somehow. It reminds me of dad and mom, taking us girls around town; Just us. I like to watch the street lights twinkling in and out of my vision, against the dark purply-blue sky with just a hint of black blended in. Some nights this canvas would be accompanied by hearty purple clouds emitting a subtle glow, reminding me of a heavenly presence keeping watch over all of us.

It's in moments like these, you can hear the Earth breathe. Every pulse scattering across the skies, hiding countless secrets, smiling on our ignorant souls, envious of our blissfully blank minds, filled with only the clutter of everyday 'human' problems. Just waiting for us, to reach out and seize their awaiting opportunity to interlink our life-forces. I just close my eyes and let the wind caress my face, let it learn my features by heart, hoping that, the next time we meet, the wind would come to me like a long-lost friend.

The soft music from the stereo stirs me out of my reverie. Was I lulled to sleep? Or was I walking the fine line of a trance? Awoken back into reality, I cast my eyes upon the gateways of the universe, watching the moon and the stars follow our car like loyal chamber-maids, always in my presence, but just a step away. Scanning across the pavement and trees gliding by, I let my imagination run free. Did I just see a shadow dart across the roof-tops? Was that the flick of a wing? For years our minds have absorbed knowledge of multiple worlds co-existing, over-lapping each other, like delicate layers of pastry. We've heard of the few, whose inner-eye could catch what we mundanes could never imagine.

With a sudden burst of fear I catch my mind running off into un-charted waters and reel her in slowly. Steady now, I tell her, as the car parks near our building and we make our way home. Steady, I remind her. God will protect us from all evil hosts, I assure myself. But, I can still feel my mind push against my restraints, to let her free, to bring thoughts and images into my vision. I tell her, enough for the day. It's late, I'm tired and I have to bear the night alone. My fatique has no room for the horrific wonders my mind may convey from the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment